Integrating ESG into the middle office
There’s good news and bad news when it comes to implementing ESG in the middle office. The good news: ESG is not fundamentally different from other types of compliance. The bad news: ESG requires merging multiple data sets and making them available across multiple systems, including portfolio management, order management and accounting.
Listen to Enfusion’s Peter Salvage talk about the challenge of, and solutions for, managing ESG data across three or four systems.
- 70% of all investment managers are using at least four sets of data to complete their ESG picture.
- Even if you have clear ESG policies and high-quality data, you still need a way to make the data available across front, middle and back offices.
- In most funds, there is a huge gap around surfacing that data that front and middle offices need to make ESG decisions around portfolio construction and trade compliance.
- To make effective decisions, ESG cannot be separate from the data you use to run day-to-day operations.
- A system that shares a single set of data across the organization is critical to solving the challenges of ESG.
Insights, Portfolio Manager, Risk/Compliance, Technology, Videos
Data, Events, Insights, Risk/Compliance, Sanctions, Videos
COO/Operations, ESG, Insights, Portfolio Manager, Scaling Operations, Videos
Asset Managers, Cloud-native, Data, Insights, Portfolio Manager, Tech Debt, Technology, Trader, Videos, What's Next